Goethe University Frankfurt, September 28-30, 2016
Rajesh Ramachandran is a post-doctoral fellow at the Goethe University in Frankfurt. His main area of research is at the intersection of development economics and its political economy. His interests include language policy, economics of discrimination and institutional economics.
Project / Institute / Department:
Additional Address Information:
Street / P.O. Box:
Postcode (ZIP Code):
Talks / Lectures:
Research Papers and Work in Progress
1. Language Policy and Economic Development (with David Laitin )
2. Language use in education and primary schooling attainment: Evidence from a natural experiment in Ethiopia.
3. Discrimination without taste - How Discrimination can spillover and persist. (with Christopher Rauh)
4. How Backward are the Other Backward Classes? Changing Contours of Caste Disadvantage in India (with Ashwini Deshpande)
5. The salience of identity in electoral campaigns and the role of costly informational acquisition. (with Christopher Rauh)